Friday, September 7, 2012

In Worcester

Woosta Pizzeria

I ordered a chicken bacon ranch white pizza from a take out place down the street from my sister's apartment. When I ordered the girl mentioned it was a good choice, so my expectations were high; it did not disappoint either. The thin crust was spread with a creamy ranch sauce and topped with tomato, onion, bacon, and chicken. Good stuff!

Club Maxine's - Sunday Brunch


Ended up here for brunch this past Sunday. I think I found them on Yelp or Urbanspoon. It was a great spread with the usual omelette station with all the fixin's and carving station with turkey, ham and roast beef. There was pasta and Caesar salads, salmon, tilapia and chilled shrimp, bacon, sausage, eggs Benedict, bbq chicken, potatoes, and beef with gravy. Not to mention muffins, french toast sticks, pancakes filled with spiced apples, and Belgian waffles. I was really looking forward to a Belgian waffle because they had fresh berries and whipped cream, but the batter was way too thick (too much flour I'm sure) making the waffle dry and dense; disappointing to both of us (my sister and I). At first glance the pancakes looked like pigs in a blanket, so I decided to pass. Then I realized it was apple inside. They were cooked perfectly fluffy and delicious; definitely a highlight of the meal. Overall good food and good value because the $21 buffet also includes a mimosa or bloody mary. The buffet runs from 10-2pm so I would recommend making a reservation and going early.

Wings Over Worcester


For a "wing" joint, this place had amazing ribs. I chose the golden bbq sauce (mustard base) which was perfectly painted on each bone of the St. Louis style dry rub ribs; they weren't slathered or over sauced. The platter also included boneless wings which were, lets face it, chicken tenders. They were huge and served by the pound. Most places boneless wings are a third of the size of one from Wings Over. With plenty of dry rubs and sauces to chose from, I got garlic parm. Hands down best I've had and I actually plan on replicating the dry rub/batter at home. Check the website they may have one in your city! Unfortunately there isn't one in Baltimore but the next time in Worcester I will be ordering. By the way, delivery is free!


No comments:

Post a Comment