Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Boston Summer Restaurant Week 2012

My sister and I went to Bacco Ristorante in the North End of Boston for restaurant week. The restaurant was situated on a little corner. The space was small but the windows were wide open and the atmosphere was inviting. Three course $33.12.

Starter

For appetizers we had calamari with peppers and parmaesan-basil polenta with sausage. The calamari was crispy and tasty but nothing special. The marinara served with it however was really delicious and I'm not sure what they added to make it different, a hint of cream maybe? The polenta was creamy and you could taste the cheese and herbs.

The Main Dish

I had the seafood scampi with linguine. The pasta was tossed in a light garlic sauce with asparagus and topped with jumbo shrimp, crab, lobster, scallops, artichoke, and sun dried tomatoes.While I could have done without the lobster, it was overcooked claw meat, the shrimp and scallops were tender and sweet. The artichoke may have been the most flavorful component of the dish. My sister had the classic chicken parm which did not disappoint.

Simple Ending

The cannolis were light, crispy, and not too sweet. Enough said!

Definitely will be returning next time I'm in Boston.


No comments:

Post a Comment