Thursday, September 13, 2012

Southern Staple

This recipe is definitely worth the re-blog! Yesterday I made a red beans and rice recipe I found on Pinterest. I followed everything to the letter except I only used 5 cups of water and was not disappointed. Perfect recipe, so tasty, and the only change for next time is doubling the recipe! Thanks Little Magnolia Kitchen! Enjoy!


Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice



Ingredients

1 pound red beans
7 cups water
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
2 cans Campbell's chicken broth
1-1/2 pounds sausage (I used Richards)
2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning (I use Tony's)
Hot cooked rice

Prep

1. Sort your beans taking out the halves or pieces and check for small rocks or pebbles.
2. Rinse the beans thoroughly and pour into crock pot.
3. Add water and chicken broth to beans.
4. Add your chopped vegetables.
5. Slice the sausage into bite size pieces.
6. Add the sausage and the Creole Seasoning to the other ingredients in the crock pot
7. Cook for 7-8 hours on High Setting.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! I will definitely have to try!

    ReplyDelete