Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dinner in the Park


All of my friends know how much I love Park Tavern at Piedmont Park. Birthdays, anniversaries, farewells, random Tuesday nights have been spent at this wonderful little place. The menu is always fresh and flavorful.


You can feel comfortable picking anything from their small yet diverse menu. From southwest egg rolls to mahi mahi you will not be disappointed and the prices are unbeatable for the quality.  Plus they have half price sushi everyday from 10pm to close, half price bottles of wine on Wednesday, and $1 drafts on rainy days!!!!

The bison burgers are made with fresh ground meat, seasoned, grilled to perfection, and topped with local and sustainable veggies.  while the sushi rolls are unique and fresh rolled. My favorite is the Dragon Roll, rolled with shrimp tempura, red pepper, cream cheese and green onions topped with grilled eel and crab. I get it almost every time I go to Park tavern or recommend it to anyone who goes.

I've tried almost everything on the menu, but since the last time I went they added a few new items so I chose the Big Bang Shrimp Tacos. One of my culinary pet peeves is tacos made with flour tortillas but I indulged anyway. The tortillas were stuffed with crispy fried shrimp and served with fresh pico de gallo and a chipotle cream sauce. Expectantly delicious, my only complaint is that there were only 2 and not the typical trio of tacos. 

Another must order is the sangria. Skip the glass and get the carafe! I do and I promise you won't regret it. Just be careful standing up after! What are you waiting for? Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment