Sunday, December 9, 2012

City Café


Back to one of my favorite places in Mount Vernon. The last time I went was restaurant week. The friend I went with back then wanted to go again. Being incredibly busy people, months later we finally got together last Friday. Dinner, dessert, and hours of great conversation are always welcomed on a Friday night. 

We shared an appetizer, the MEATLESS NACHOS with Green Chili Chickpeas, Pepperjack Cheese Sauce, Fresh Salsa, Guacamole & Sour Cream. All the ingredients were fresh as opposed to canned. I'm definitely going to make nachos at home with chickpeas; who knew it would be so good?

I ordered the CHILEAN SEABASS which was Pan Seared, with Jumbo Lump Crab, Beurre Blanc, Whipped Potatoes & Asparagus I'm kind of a seafood snob and City Café never disappoints. The fish melted in my mouth. It was fresh and perfectly seared. I could eat that meal everyday . . . if only I had the metabolism of a 16 year old boy. 

My friend got the LAMB & VEAL MEATLOAF it was Prosciutto Wrapped and served with Whipped Potatoes, Local Green Beans, and Rosemary Demi Glace. It was very hearty and the gravy was scrumptious.

For dessert I had the Heathbar Crunch Bread Pudding with House Made Caramel Sauce and Fresh Whipped Cream and my friend ordered the Baileys Creme Brulee With Chocolate Curls & Fresh Whipped Cream. Both equally delectable!


No comments:

Post a Comment