Saturday, March 29, 2014

Melting Pot


My sister and I came here the day before Thanksgiving. It was her treat "for a foodie like me" as she put it. I had never been to this location or any other in the franchise. To be honest I wasn't completely sure about the concept. Anyway, I'm so glad that I finally made it. This was the best dining experience I had in a long while. The food was fantastic, but the service was even better! Our waitress was attentive, knowledgeable, and a down right sweetheart. 



We ordered the spinach and artichoke fondue for our first course. It was just as good if not better than the dip I usually make at home, which is has never been the case at any other restaurant I've been to. Next was the salad course. Lettuce is lettuce.


We chose the court bouillon for our main course. I got The Classic, so I could sample a variety of things and my sister got the French Quarter. My entree came with Angus sirloin, Memphis-style BBQ pork medallion, Pacific white shrimp, herb-crusted all-natural breast of chicken, and teriyaki-marinated sirloin. It also comes with vegetables and red potatoes. It sounds like a lot of food and it was! It also includes six delicious sauces/condiments. The green goddess sauce made with sour cream, cream cheese, and herbs was so good I plan to recreate it at home. The curry yogurt sauce was light and refreshing. 


We ended the meal with the Flaming Turtle fondue which is swirled with caramel, sprinkled with candied pecans, and flambeed with 151! I'm not the biggest chocolate fan but it was to die for. We dipped banana (we asked for more), strawberries, rice krispy treats, brownies, blondies, marshmallows, and pound cake until we thought we'd burst.


At the end of the night we left a hefty tip, gave to St. Jude's, and waddled out stuffed and happy. I cannot wait to go back. We received a gift card for giving so, soon and very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment