Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baltimore Winter Restaurant Week 2014: SoBo Café


I went to SoBo Cafe for restaurant week a few weeks back. I had a reservation but was late due to traffic. When I arrived I was informed that my table was reserved for someone else soon after mine but I could sit at the bar for a more leisurely meal. I chose the bar.
The atmosphere is extremely welcoming. I felt as if I had visited a friends home for a dinner party. My coat was taken at the door and hung on hooks near the entry. The restaurant is two renovated rowhouses so it was fitting. 

I ordered mac n cheese for an appetizer. It was pretty good; creamy and flavorful. It was a venture from the traditional southern baked mac n cheese because it had tomatoes, but I was pleasantly surprised and I'd definitely order it again. For my entree I chose the Korean chicken fried steak with kimchi collard greens. I LOVE Korean food and it was the PERFECT fusion of Asian and southern comfort food. I wish they would package up and sell the kimchi. It was amazing! Everything kimchi should be: crisp, refreshing, spicy, and sweet. Dessert was parsnip cake with a caramel sauce. I love a good root vegetable so I was pleased.
All in all great experience, so go try it! If I didn't live across town I'd be a regular for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment