Monday, August 5, 2013

Baltimore Summer Restaurant Week 2013: Mother's Federal Hill Grille

Great restaurant week menu . . . This past Thursday was my first time at Mother's. I hear people talk about it all the time, usually burgers, beer and sports, but the food was delicious. 

I ordered calamari as a starter. It was tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. The sauce was good too. The crabcake was perfectly cooked and had the largest pieces of crab I've ever seen in a cake; I mean they barely bother with filler, I'm surprised it held together! I carb loaded with mashed potatoes topped with loaded butter and chipotle Mac n cheese. The potatoes were scratch made and the mac had a wonderful kick to it. Dessert was bread pudding; not my favorite on any day but I tried it anyway. It was just ok. City CafĂ©'s is worlds better. 

Overall, surprisingly great experience and I can't wait to go back and try one of those 20 burgers and wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment