Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet Ending

Before Thanksgiving I bought cranberries because they were on sale. I had no intention of making cranberry sauce but I wasn't sure what I wanted to make with them so I popped them in the freezer. While browsing Taste of Home magazine I found a recipe that had peaches and blueberries. I decided I could substitute cranberries for this so it was perfect. Not to mention how incredibly easy the recipe is. Easy as pie isn't a saying for no reason!

Peach-Cranberry Crumble Tart
(Adapted from James Schend's submission to Taste of Home Oct-Nov 2012)

Ingredients

Crust
1 9" Frozen Pie Crust

Filling
2 Cups fresh cranberries
2 Cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
1 Tbsp honey

Crumb Topping
1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1/4 Cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 Cup chopped pecans
1/8 Tsp ground cloves
2 Tbsp butter, melted

Preparation
1. Sprinkle the pie crust with cinnamon and pre-bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
2. In a large bowl combine the cranberries, peaches, and honey; toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl combine the first 5 topping ingredients; stir in butter.
4. Spoon fruit mixture into crust, sprinkle with topping, and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fillings is bubbly.
5. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.

*Note: It's pictured here without the crumble that's just because I forgot to take a picture, but don't leave it out, its the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment