Monday, January 21, 2013

Day Four: Restaurant Quality

My all time favorite restaurant soup is Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden. I order it every time I go. I've always wanted to make it at home but I also know that it's high in calories! Over 700 per serving to be exact; yikes! I found this recipe and modified it to cut the calories.

Ingredients:

Servings:
4-6

1 lb Italian chicken or turkey sausage
2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups kale chopped
2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 cup skim milk w/ cornstarch to thicken if desired

Directions:

1 Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
2 Brown sausage in your soup pot then remove.
3 Add onion and saute until tender.
4 Add garlic.
5 Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
6 Add potatoes
7 Cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
8 Return sausage to pot.
9 Simmer for another 10 minutes.
10 Turn to low heat.
11 Add kale and cream.
12 Heat through and serve.


Read more at: http://restaurant.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment