Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hickory Square

Fried Green Tomatoes with Pimento Cheese
Steak and Eggs with Hashbrown Casserole

Josh's on the Square is a neighborhood gem! My sister and I had brunch here Sunday. They offer a 3 course meal for $13 and bottomless mimosas for $8. I chose the fried green tomatoes, steak and eggs, and wild berry cheesecake, while my sister had a Cesar salad, shrimp and grits, and banana pudding. 

The fried green tomatoes were topped with pimento cheese which I usually don't care for (forgive me southern people lol) but it was good. The tomatoes were very fresh. Unfortunately, the steak wasn't cooked the way I requested but it was so tender and well seasoned I didn't mind. The eggs were fresh, not egg substitute or cracked into a large bucket and ladled out. The entree came with hash brown casserole that was ok but I've had better. The cheesecake was phenomenal. I wanted to take home the whole thing! It was house-made not the frozen, boxed kind that most restaurants serve.

My sister was nice enough to let me try her grits. I'm pretty sure they were yellow stone ground grits (the best kind). I was pleasantly surprised with the tomato based sauce; it was a different take on a southern classic! If ever in HIckory, NC . . . 

Wild Berry Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment