Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Toffee Chip Cookies



For those who don't love chocolate as much as others or just want to switch it up and try something different, this one's for you! Dare I say it, I'm a woman and I'm not a huge fan of chocolate. I don't like chocolate cake, cookies, ice cream, milk, etc. Oddly enough I do enjoy the occasional brownie, but I usually make chocolate chip cookies without the chips and just add nuts. People usually say aren't those just sugar cookies but, anyone who knows cookies knows that isn't the case. I didn't know what to call them since they're technically not chocolate chip cookies, but a little while ago a friend told me to call them "feel good" cookies because I usually make them when people are feeling bad to cheer them up. 

I was in the store this past weekend and all the baking candies were on sale so I picked up Heath chocolate toffee bits and butterscotch chips to try in my "feel good" cookies, that's how this adaptation came about. It's a basic recipe; I'm pretty sure this one is on the back of the Nestle Toll House package.


Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup heath chocolate toffee bits

Note: I usually half the recipe even for two or three people but if you're serving a group make the whole thing.


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment