Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Semi Homemade




After a long day sometimes I want a home cooked meal but I don't want to do much work. Semi homemade I the best thing that ever happened to my little kitchen. At this point in my life I only have to feed myself (no husband or children to worry about), so it is extremely easy to cop out and pick a bag of fast food or order in. Eating smarter and healthier is always on mind; I'd rather feel full after dinner rather than guilty. I actually saw this recipe on a commercial and decided to try it.

Just brown a few thin cut pork chops (bone-in or out), saute a whole white onion, pour on a jar of salsa verde (Goya or Herdez), simmer for 30 minutes, and serve over white rice.

If you have the time try the following recipe for your own salsa:


1 1/2 lb tomatillos
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 JalapeƱo peppers OR 2 serrano peppers
Salt to taste

*courtesy of Simply Recipes

You can oven roast, pan roast, boil, or fry the tomatillos. Authentic salsa would then be mixed with mortal and pestle but you can just toss all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment