Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chicago Style Pizza


Giordano's

So worth the wait! They tell when you sit down that deep dish pizzas may take 45 minutes, but if you have the time go for it. I went with a couple colleagues from the conference I was attending. I had been drinking a bit and was starving, so in addition to the pizza we ordered, I ordered an Italian beef sandwich. The beef was great, tender and juicy. 

We had a medium, half sausage, and half cheese. It came with six slices which was plenty for the three of us. On most pizzas my favorite part is usually the crust; Giordano's was no exception. It may have been the alcohol talking, but I told one of my colleagues the crust was like hot buttered biscuits on Sunday. She agreed! The cheese was delicious and fresh. Out of the three Chicago-style stuffed pizzas I had this is hands down the best! Go!


Pizano's

I visited Pizano's as the first stop on my Tastebud Tour. The pie was delicious even at 11 in the morning. Our tour guide informed us that the owner's grandmother still comes in a few times a week to make the dough for the crust. The crust was great and I love the simplicity of just tomatoes instead of "sauce"! Yum!








Gino's East

My colleague and I went here after leaving Portillo's because it was down the street and we had time to kill. My least favorite deep dish. I didn't like the crust which you know is my favorite part. It was pretty much down hill from there. I don't really have anything good to say about it. Sad day!




No comments:

Post a Comment