Saturday, February 2, 2013

Baltimore Winter Restaurant Week 2013: The Wine Market Bistro


The Wine Market Bistro


A friend and I went to The Wine Market Bistro last Friday for lunch. It pretty far from my house being in South Baltimore (I live in the Northeast), but was so worth the trip. It was a bustling atmosphere with friendly staff. I immediately noticed how good the food looked going out to each table. My lunch date and I both had the macaroni and aged cheddar as the starter. Topped with simple green onion the cheddar was he star of the show. The noodles were seasoned and not over cooked; very delicious and I savored every bite even after my entree came. 

I ordered the lamb burger served on wheat flatbread with cool yogurt dressing and roasted red pepper spread with tomato, alongside spicy "market" fries. Everything was stellar. While the lamb itself wasn't seasoned the accompaniments made it satisfying. 

They have a unique selection of wine as well. Plus, if you dine in the bistro you get a discount on your wine purchase, so of course I had to get a bottle or two. I will definitely be returning, probably for happy hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment